Irvine Cottages is dedicated to providing compassionate and loving care to all of our residents.
The care at Irvine Cottages’ starts from the heart. We are dedicated to serve and care for each resident as a family member. That means kind, loving and professional memory care in a warm and comfortable home. Every detail of our care, the staff, our homes, the food, medication supervision, activities and more is based on this compassionate approach.
To enhance this approach, our practices are state-of-the-art when it comes to dementia care and assisted living; including all stages of the Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and dementia. Our staff is dedicated to developing the highest professional standards in memory care for the elderly.
Why Should You Consider a Residential Memory Care Facility (or Board & Care)?
Most professionals agree that memory-impaired and/or medically frail people function better when living in smaller surroundings with a familiar group of people. As a result, we have created real homes, just like the ones our residents have lived in most of their lives.
Our thirteen intimate homes (located in Irvine, Mission Viejo, and Newport Beach) are decorated beautifully, with a maximum of six residents per cottage and two to three caregivers on duty. (A “night sitter” can be provided, if needed, for an additional charge.) This low resident-to-caregiver ratio, along with the close supervision of our Nurse and Administrators, is unique to the industry.
In everything we do, the one question always on our minds is, “How do we make life comfortable, safe and enjoyable for those whose care has been entrusted to us?”
Irvine Cottages is owned and operated by Dupont Residential Care, Inc. and was founded by Jacqueline Lehn DuPont in 1996. Jacqueline Lehn DuPont, CEO and Gerontologist, is well-known in the Orange County community for her dedication to older adults.
Dr. Lehn DuPont is a current member or has been a member of the following Boards of Directors:
- Alzheimer’s Association of Orange County
- South County Senior Services (Age Well Senior Services)
- Meals on Wheels
- The Salvation Army
- The National Parkinson’s Foundation
- The Elder Abuse Prevention Council
- UCI MIND Institute Advisory Board
- Orange County Catholic Foundation
- JSerra Catholic High School
- St. Anne School
- Founded in 1996
- First small facility to have a specialized residential cottage for older adults with dementia in Irvine, California
- First and only facility in the country (USA) to have video cameras in the bedrooms
- First facility to have a comprehensive music therapy program
- First residential care facility in Orange County to be owned by a gerontologist
- Very Low staff turnover
- Full-time employees
- Average caregiver has been employed for 5 years
- The first facility to install bidet toilets to prevent urinary tract infections (UTI). We also have a unique and comprehensive UTI prevention program.
- Comprehensive aromatherapy program and vitamin supplement individualized program designed by our medical team